The following links may help deepen your understanding of the tools Dr. Zaklin recommends to optimize your health...
Medical Use of Cannabis
- Recommended Mind-Body books:
- 1. The Power of Now by Eckharte Tolle
- 2. I am That By Sri Nasargata Maharaj
- 3. The Relaxation Response by Herbert Benson
- 4. A Path with Heart by Jack Korfield
- 5. Wherever You Go There You Are by John Kabat-Zinn
- Training resources:
- The Benson-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine:
- At Massachusetts General Hospital teaches patients ways to counteract stress and build resiliency by eliciting the Relaxation Response
- The Center for Mindfulness at The University of Massachusetts:
- One of the world hubs of Mindfulness education and research. The Center offers several training programs in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- International Integrators:
- A collaborative, global community dedicated to the promotion of Integrative Health.
- The University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine:
- Founded in 1994 by Dr. Andrew Weil, focuses on: education, health promotion and research.
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine:
- Promotes health through nutrition while also being an advocate for human and ethical treatment on animals in research.
- Clearpath School of Herbal Medicine:
- Excellent resource offering work shops, consultations, and high quality herbal medicines.
- The Institute for Functional Medicine:
- Offers resources and courses on Functional Medicine.
- Energy Healing Institute:
- A school for practitioners and non-practitioners with a desire to dive deeply into learning about energy, consciousness, and healing.
- Center for Yoga and Health offering courses and retreats.
Articles and Papers
- Cannabis and the Endocannabinoid System:
- A review article in Practical Neurology written by Dr. Zaklin and his colleague, Dr. Shawn Masia
- Mindfulness and Palpitations:
- Original research by Dr. Zaklin and colleagues at The University of Virginia
- Taming THC:
- Dr. Ethan Russo offers perspective on Cannabis and other herbs that affect the Endocannabinoid System
- Sativa vs. Indica:
- Informative perspective by Dr. Ethan Russo